Are you the weight you want to be? Do you have trouble finding a workout partner to depend on? Do you need someone to be accountable to? That's why this blog is here!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

OVER weight and UNDER whelmed

I've never understood the meaning of underwhelmed, it never really made sense to me until now. I should be jumping for joy and excitement over the number on the scale today. 219. I have now lost 22 pounds. I had to weigh 220 or less to meet with the surgeon about breast reduction surgery, and i've passed that. Yet somehow the fact that i still feel like i want to lose more makes it so much harder to appreciate the little goals. When i was at 221 all I kept thinking was '1 more pound....1 more pound and i'll have finally made it.' but now that i have i wonder how i could have thought this was all i wanted. Yes i still want my breasts reduced and yes i still want to go get that done, and yes i'm excited for losing over 20 pounds, but it's not been noticed by a single person. I feel like a whole different person, but no one thinks i look any different, and for some reason that totally urks me. A lot of people have told me that when they lost weight nobody really noticed until they lost 30, so that's what i have to do to get some appreciate for my efforts? We'll see, cause I'm gonna get there, if not this cycle, then the next for sure, I'm creating a whole new me, and hopefully this is a me i'll hang on to for the long haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment