Are you the weight you want to be? Do you have trouble finding a workout partner to depend on? Do you need someone to be accountable to? That's why this blog is here!

Friday, March 11, 2011

Pants-y that

So today on a whim I decided to go to Old Navy. Haven't been there in ages and I just felt like trying on clothes, to get an idea of what size I am. I'm still wearing old clothes despite losing 28 pounds...It's hard to tell what size I am from baggy jeans and lose shirts. I had to take Katie, Catcher and Darla with me but they were surprisingly well behaved despite it being during nap time and several trips to and from the dressing room. I was amazed when even the size 16 was falling off....I didn't expect that. I tried on a 14 and found that more than comfortable even to the point that i tried on a 12! Well the 12 was tighter than I find comfortable so I didn't buy it, but I could see that as little as 10 pounds could make that work. Is there actually a chance that at my goal weight I could be a 12??? I wouldn't dare think to ever be a size 10 again but oh...man for some reason that is the number that makes me excited. A size 10 was what I wore when i worked so hard to lose weight in my teen years, I didn't have as much weight to lose as I have this time but I lost enough weight to wear a size 10 and it felt sooooo good...I would love to see that number again....but i'd be happy with a 12 considering I'd been wearing an 18 in some things and a 20 in most when i started this.

I've been feeling so good about the way I'm eating lately, feeling like I don't need to indulge on foods because I'm enjoying the way my body feels so much more. Strange how feeling thin makes me want to eat even more salads and health foods...lol, you'd think it'd make me feel like i could splurge with room to spare, but it's been quite liberating to feel thin, and healthy, i don't want to lose that, or jeopordize it in anyway with some fattening treat. Someday when i've lost my weight maybe i'll treat myself, or maybe i'll end up one of those skinny people who still only eats salads, but either way, i'm going to be around and more active for years to come, and that's what this has all been about anyway.

On a side note, i did buy a pair of knee length shorts that i LOVE!!! And two shirts which have the unfortunate side effect of showing off my large my chest STILL is...can't wait to get that taken care of too....3 more pounds!!!

1 comment: