Are you the weight you want to be? Do you have trouble finding a workout partner to depend on? Do you need someone to be accountable to? That's why this blog is here!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Regression....

I have felt like I have serious self control lately. I have no problem eating what's healthy and avoiding all else, because I just don't want to gain this weight back. I'm at a total loss of 26 pounds since the end of January and right now for the next week and a half I am still on the maintenance phase between cycles where you train your body to maintain the new weight...and so far I have been PERFECT at it, only fluctuating by half a pound either way and always bouncing back to the same weight....but then today happened LOL....

Today is my baby boy's birthday. Catcher turned 1 and we had a party...of course. I really tried to have more healthy options because it seems like everyone we know is trying to lose weight or at the least make healthier eating choices. So we had burgers and hot dogs but we had whole grain buns as well as salmon burgers even. We had a HUGE chinese chicken salad (which was the perfect thing for todays spring glorious weather!) which was very light and tasty. There was a veggie tray and pretzels and the only chips were baked tortilla chips, the lowest fat chips you could buy practically! But then....then there were the animal crackers. haha. Who knew they would be my downfall???? Somehow I would find myself grabbing one here or one there. For a moment I felt like the old me, the me who seemed like i didn't notice or care how fat i was, the me who ate whatever i wanted, however much i wanted just because it tasted good....THAT me that i don't want to ever become again!! It scared me for a minute, i imagined myself gaining all 26 pounds back over night, (SCARY!!!) All in all i never felt grossly full (a huge part of the old me loved to eat till i was stuffed!!!) I snacked or 'grazed' here and there on things as healthy as i could, but had way more carbs than i usually allow myself. Carbs are my Kryptonite. I am so not going to let this become habit again. I had only a bite of birthday cake, and no ice cream, but probably much more salad (with it's sweet sweet chinese dressing) than I should have. and many more animal crackers than allowed as well.

I won't know until I weigh myself in the morning how detrimental it truly was to my weight loss, but I found that putting the food away promptly really helped me feel better, and less like diving into the food. LOL. I don't seem as tempted if it's put away and I can't smell it, smells make it so hard not to want to taste it. But I feel like there's hope, I'll eat better the rest of the day and try to spend some quality time with the bowflex after the kids go to bed in an effort to work it off. Crossing my fingers, I'll let you know how the weigh in goes tomorrow. (i weigh myself every morning to make sure i'm on track....current weight, 215.)

1 comment:

  1. I go crazy weighing myself everyday! I now have a rule that I am only allowed to do it Saturday mornings. I get depressed to see any weight gain and then I sabotage myself all day.
    I hope your outcome is good!

    ReplyDelete